SpaceClaim for Modeling and Simulation
SpaceClaim provides CAE analysts the easiest and fastest tools possible to get geometry ready for simulation. Whether de-featuring CAD geometry, modeling for simulation, or optimizing existing models, SpaceClaim removes the geometry bottleneck, thus freeing engineers to focus on the physics and modeling. By putting simulation users in control of geometry, CAE can drive product development by optimizing models before CAD and validating results post-CAD.
Challenges Between Modeling and Simulation
Traditional CAD software, designed for manufacturing documentation, is not optimized for CAE experts. Before SpaceClaim, CAE users were forced to use CAD tools designed for CAD specialists or ask the CAD team to create or simplify models for them. The result: wasted time and energy. All too often, engineers wouldn’t be able to perform simulation until after the detailed models were complete, causing unnecessary compromises and time-consuming changes late in the process.
Partnering Modeling and Simulation Prep
SpaceClaim’s unique user interface and modeling technology enables analysts to easily create and modify geometry without the complexity of traditional CAD. When working with existing CAD models, simulation users can de-feature and simplify geometry with automated, easy-to-learn tools. SpaceClaim is ideal for engineers who don’t have time for CAD but want and need to get fast answers using 3D.
Benefits of SpaceClaim for Modeling and Simulation
- Support and enable simulation-driven design initiatives
- Empower CAE analysts to work in 3D while keeping the CAD team focused on detailed design
- Optimize the value stream between detailed design and CAE work groups
- Increase early phase CAE capacity to address innovation initiatives
- Eliminate waste and get higher-quality products to market faster
- Strong ROI (return on investment) with very fast pay back
- Save days or weeks by removing CAD bottlenecks in the CAE workflow